jueves, 1 de julio de 2010

Second week news reflection

REFLECTION
I was used to writing objectives in each lesson plan without taking into account all the elements that are involved, since it is easy and fast; however, now that I take my time with the ABCD style I believe that students and me can clearly see what we're up to. In Azhar's reflection there's another style called SMART which is pretty useful, thought as she says it is broad, since with the ABCD style you're more specific in what your going to teach and the behavior you want to get back. Azhar thought me something very important which was the difference between a goal and an objective. I used to use them as synonyms.
On the other hand, Bostan was very specific in his lesson plan. He wrote an objective for each activity. I believe this must be like that. What do you think? We do it here since we time each activity in the lesson plan, because this must last 10 hours.
Camelia made a comment in nicenet saying that Deborah insisted in not using will be able to in our objectives but in the presentaton that is in http://www.slideshare.net/asheytan/writing-specific-instructionallearning-objectives-presentation, it is used. I got confused. I took it for example and I also took the verbs that are on http://ets.tlt.psu.edu/learningdesign/objectives/writingobjectives and on Taxonomy for the diginal doman. I got the main verb from this last sites.
I plan to be very careful with the objectives I write. Especially with the verbs I'll use. I also want to thank all my webmates for taking their time to read what I write. Thanks CAMELIA, DEBORAH, AND AZHAR.
I know I have learned a lot because my last class was very well developed. I'm so happy to be in touch with you all.
Roxana

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario